One of the most exciting and thrilling activities that Indian gamblers love is to play blackjack online. This guide will show you how to become a master of the game and what to expect out of a blackjack online game.
Best Online Casino sites in India
|Welcome Bonus up to ₹5000
|Welcome Package of up to $1500
|200% up to ₹30,000 + ₹1,000 Cash Bonus
|Match Bonus up to ₹60,000
|Welcome Offer of up to ₹80,000
Before You Play Blackjack Online For Real Money
The majority of online gaming is left to chance as the outcome is usually determined by how the game is designed. This is not the case with blackjack. Players will need a bit of skill and knowledge to increase their chances of winning or at the very least, lower the house advantage. The perfect recipe for playing blackjack online is having the right strategy, patience, courage, and, of course, luck.
How to play - Basic Blackjack rules
Playing Blackjack online is incredibly easy as the rules are quite simple. Before you can start, you must first place an initial bet. Once you confirm your stake, you’ll receive two face-up cards while the croupier receives one face up and one face down card. You’ll then decide whether you want to hit (to take another card), double down (double your bet), stand (stay as you are), or split (split the cards and technically have two active hands).
Each card has a numerical value: all face cards equal 10, Aces are worth 1 or 11, while the cards between 2 and 10 have face value. At the end of the game, the player’s hands are compared with the dealer’s. You win if the value of the cards you hold is higher than what the dealer holds but less than 21. The closer your total hand is 21, the more you’re likely to win.
Types of bets
There are many types of bets that a player can place when playing Blackjack online, but they fall under two major categories:
- Original bet: This is the main bet placed during a standard Blackjack game. A wager is made before any cards are dealt.
- Side bet: This is an additional wager that you can place at the same time as the main bet. Side bets are based on chances rather than skill as they involve predicting which cards the player or the croupier will receive. They make the game more exciting and potentially more rewarding, though at much greater risk. There are hundreds of side bets that you’ll find at a Blackjack table. The most common ones include Insurance, Perfect Pairs, and 21+3.
The House Edge
It is in the player’s interest to win but so is the casino. It has become clear to seasoned players that the house has a built-in advantage, otherwise known as the house edge. This casino advantage is, however, not usually set by individual casinos but rather a product of the games themselves.
The good news is blackjack online games have one of the lowest house edges (typically from 0.1%-0.5%). This means that you have a higher chance of winning with blackjack online compared to other games. Given that this classic game requires some skills and knowledge, you can minimise the house’s edge and protect your bankroll by implementing the right strategy.
Online Blackjack Variations
There are many variations of blackjack available for players to choose from. While the same basic rules apply to all of them, each one comes with additional rules that make it unique. Most of them tend to make changes with regard to payouts, RTPs, number of decks used, and so on. Deciding which variant is right for you will depend on your goals, style of play, and player personality among other things. That being said, here are the most popular blackjack online variants:
- Classic Blackjack: This is the original variant of blackjack online and the most favorite for many gamblers. It features one up to eight decks.
- European Blackjack: This version uses two decks and is the second most popular blackjack variant.
- Spanish 21: Played using 6-8 decks. All 10 value cards are not used, leaving only 48 cards to start the game.
- Pontoon: The major difference with this version is that the croupier receives a second card after all players hold, thereby adding more tension to the game.
Remember you can always practice for free if you want to become accustomed to the rules of each game before playing online blackjack for real money. Ultimately, you should find a version that gives you the most entertainment.
The Best Blackjack Strategy and Tips
We’ve already mentioned that Blackjack is a game of skills whose main objective is to beat the house or force them to go bust. By following the rules and implementing the right strategies, you’ll be able to make the best decisions about when to hit, double up, stand, or split. Here are a few tips and strategies to get you started:
- Split the Aces or 8 Pairs: It’s always a good idea to split two identical cards for the possibility of making two good hands. While it’s possible to split other cards, these two are the best solution because two 8s are the worst hand possible while two Aces mean you’re likely to get two 21s. Never split 5s or 10s though.
- Stand when your hand totals 17 and above
- Allow the house to bust: If the dealer’s cards are between 4 and 6, they may be damaged and you can just wait until they go bust. If you have a soft hand, meaning it cannot break, you can draw an additional card to win by more points.
- Avoid the insurance wager: Despite having a higher payout, the odds of winning are pretty slim.
- Consider playing Blackjack variants with liberal rules
- Before you start playing online blackjack for real money, you need to be in the right frame of mind so you can make correct decisions. Avoid booze or getting distractions, particularly during live dealer blackjack.
- Be sure to refer to blackjack strategy charts online or on mobile apps when in doubt about the decision to make.
Practice - Blackjack Demo & Free Games
Most blackjack sites offer Free Play and casino bonuses, which allows you to gamble without staking their own money. This is an opportunity to better your skills, build your gaming confidence, get acquitted with all the rules, practice your strategies, and even get a feel of the site. Note that any winnings made with bonus cash are subject to wagering requirements before withdrawal can be possible. Also, nearly all software developers offer their Blackjack online variants in demo mode so you can try them out.
Where To Play Blackjack Online And Why
Many online casinos accept gamblers from India, and nearly all of them offer Blackjack. Try to only consider those that hold licenses and certification from reputable gaming commissions. This shows that they adhere to the highest standards in terms of quality, fair play, and security. You might also want to consider sites that accept Indian Rupees to avoid conversion fees. Don’t forget the bonuses and promotions offered at a particular site. With that being said, some of the top Indian Blackjack sites include:
This is one of the biggest gaming sites in India and the world. As you’d expect from an online casino so big, they offer an extensive range of Blackjack both on virtual tables and live tables. The site accepts several safe and secure payment methods and allows Indians to use their local currency. They also offer a matched up welcome bonus of up to ₹10,000 and regular promotions to keep you entertained always.
This is another popular online casino that offers every popular version of Blackjack games. It also features a live blackjack online casino for those who want to experience the thrill of a brick-and-motor casino. The quality of their Blackjack games is outstanding; plus, it’s one of the most affordable sites to play online Blackjack for money. If you want more, this online casino has you covered with every possible form of online gambling. From regular sports betting to in-play betting and live-streaming, an endless choice of virtual casino games, live actions, and even mobile gaming.
From Classic to European, American, Single Deck, Atlantic City, Double Exposure, Multi-hand, French, Spanish, Pontoon, and more, 1xBet has every single version of Blackjack that you can think of. The site allows users to fund their accounts in Indian Rupees. And, newcomers can claim up to 8,000 INR on their first deposit. In addition to Blackjack, the site offers sports betting, over 8,000 online casino games, and over 100 live casino tables, to cater to the needs of every kind of online gambler.
Live Vs Online Blackjack
Many Blackjack online casinos give players the choice to gamble at a virtual or live blackjack table. With blackjack online, you get to bet against the house with computerized graphics and virtual dealers. This version uses a certified random number generator (RNG) to deal the cards. All the top casinos have their RNGs tested and audited by third party companies such as eCOGRA as proof of fair play.
Live blackjack online, on the other hand, uses real human dealers, a real table, and real cards. Players will be able to view their table through live HD video streaming. There’s also a chat feature that allows players to interact with the dealers and other players in real-time. Live blackjack online casino is the closest thing you can get to a real-life casino experience.
The best choice between the two will depend on your expertise and bankroll. We would recommend starting with the blackjack online version as it offers many more blackjack variants and comes with lower stake limits. However, if you’re extremely confident in your skills, the live table might be your best bet. Live casino blackjack offers higher minimum bets with a lower house edge.
Conclusion - Why Play Blackjack Online?
It’s safe to say that Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games in the world. And, playing blackjack online has many advantages, starting with the fact that it saves you time and money. Online casinos run 24/7, which means you can enjoy your favorite Blackjack anytime, anywhere – whether from the comfort of your home or on the go via mobile casinos. Last, but not least, there are attractive bonuses, promotions, and even Freeplay for you to take advantage of. Most of the best online casinos accept Indian players, so sign up today to get started!
💰 Can I Play Blackjack Online for Real Money?
Yes. In fact, this is one of the most popular real money online casino games. Bettors simply need to fund their accounts to start playing blackjack real money.
⚖️ Is Online Blackjack Gambling Legal?
Indian laws don’t specifically address online gambling. And, any blackjack online gambling happening on offshore casinos remains legal.
🥇 What is the best online blackjack site?
There are several good blackjack online casinos, and the best will depend on a player’s needs and preferences. You can start by checking out the ones mentioned earlier.